* current glossary entry for SPL_BINARY is out of date
@ 2021-04-20 11:50 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-04-20 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

  here:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-SPL_BINARY

the alleged snippet of code from u-boot.inc no longer exists in that
file; the code is noticeably more complicated, if someone who
understands that stuff wants to update that glossary entry.

rday

* Re: [docs] current glossary entry for SPL_BINARY is out of date
@ 2021-04-20 14:03 ` Michael Opdenacker
From: Michael Opdenacker @ 2021-04-20 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

On 4/20/21 1:50 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   here:
>
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-SPL_BINARY
>
> the alleged snippet of code from u-boot.inc no longer exists in that
> file; the code is noticeably more complicated, if someone who
> understands that stuff wants to update that glossary entry.

Thanks for reporting this! Good catch!

Indeed, the definitions have moved to meta/classes/uboot-config.bbclass,
and an example overwriting the default value can be found in
meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/beaglebone-yocto.conf

I'll try to propose an update. Thanks again!

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* Re: [docs] current glossary entry for SPL_BINARY is out of date
@ 2021-04-20 16:12 ` Quentin Schulz
From: Quentin Schulz @ 2021-04-20 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 07:50:29AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   here:
>
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-SPL_BINARY

Please stop looking into those www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest links,
you should use https://docs.yoctoproject.org instead. The link you point
to has stopped to be updated since 3.1.5 release IIRC.

(Not saying your remark does not apply, just that to avoid future alerts
and prevent you to do some work that's already been done it might make
sense to look at actual latest version of the docs.

Cheers,
Quentin

* Re: [docs] current glossary entry for SPL_BINARY is out of date
@ 2021-04-21  7:50   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2021-04-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021, Quentin Schulz wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 07:50:29AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   here:
> >
> > https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-SPL_BINARY
> >

> Please stop looking into those www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest
> links, you should use https://docs.yoctoproject.org instead. The
> link you point to has stopped to be updated since 3.1.5 release
> IIRC.
>
> (Not saying your remark does not apply, just that to avoid future
> alerts and prevent you to do some work that's already been done it
> might make sense to look at actual latest version of the docs.

  yes, my fault, i had followed a link and hadn't noticed the URL was
not the right one. apologies.

rday