Hi, Thanks for your work. On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:04:26AM +0900, Alice Ferrazzi wrote: > Hello Chris, > > On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 7:27 AM Chris Paterson > wrote: > > > Hello Alice, > > > > > From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org On > > > Behalf Of Alice Ferrazzi via lists.cip-project.org > > > Sent: 13 April 2021 18:30 > > > > > > Hi everyone, > > > > > > I'm Alice Ferrazzi from Cybertrust Japan. > > > > > > I'm currently working on adding Kselftest to the current CIP CI tests of > > linux- > > > cip Kernel > > > > Thank you for your work on this! > > > > > > > > I made and tested kselftest on a testing instance of lava, currently > > tested > > > only on qemu x86_64 > > > > If you'd like to test on a wider range of platforms then get in touch and > > we'll get you access to the CIP LAVA instance. > > > > This would be nice! > > > > > I implemented a simple skiplist in the kselftest envelope for skipping > > tests > > > that are currently not working. > > > The usage is similar to how spectre-meltdown-checker-test is currently > > > working. > > > > > > Raw log: > > > > > > http://140.211.166.173:10080/scheduler/job/329 > > > Results list: > > > http://140.211.166.173:10080/results/329/1_kselftest > > > > It looks like a great start. > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > My idea is to start implementing kselftest tests for at least qemu x86_64 > > > architecture and expand in the future to other architectures. > > > As Iwamatsu-san pointed, we need also to create kselftest binary. > > > > > > I'm currently thinking of implementing kselftest binary creation > > mechanism > > > on linux-cip-ci kernel build script but I still didn't start to work on > > this yet. > > > > > > Kselftest test code: > > > > > > https://gitlab.com/alice.ferrazzi/cip-kselftest > > > > > Is there any work we can leverage from the Linaro test-definitions repo? > > > > https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/tree/master/automated/linux/kselftest > > > > That was the first thing I tried out but was not working correctly on the > cip rootfs enviroment As you write, cip rootfs lacks the software to run kselftest. Therefore, it is necessary to make a separate flavor of rootfs. There are also two types of cip rootfs, and we need to use either or both for kernel testing. > > > > KernelCI also recently implemented kselftest support if that's useful at > > all, this'll include the build side of things. > > https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/tree/main/config/lava/kselftest > > > > > I know about KernelCI effort for kselftest and I think to use a similar > approach about the kselftest binary creation implementation. > > The code I wrote is based on Glava-tests that is part of GKernelCI. > GKernelCI is the current Gentoo kernel CI system that is reporting and > collaborating with KernelCI. > https://github.com/GKernelCI/Glava-tests > Using a different repository currently is helpful for self managing the > skiplist, but it could be changed in the future. I think this needs to be done first. I also think there are several approaches to creating kselftest binaries. - Continue to use a particular kernel version of ksefltests. - Use CIP kernel kselftest. - Use the latest kernel kselftest. I used to build an environment using the latter. https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/tree/ci/iwamatsu/linux-cip-kselftest By the way, do you know which kernelci they are using? > > > > > > > > > linux-cip Kernel Kselftest implementation (currently in draft): > > > https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/linux-cip-ci/-/merge_requests > > > > Please assign the MR to me when you're ready for it to be reviewed, or if > > you need any help. > > > > Also let me know if you want write access to the linux-cip-ci repo. > > If you push your branch to our repo directly the CI will be able to run, > > making it easier for you to test. > > > > Testing the kselftest branch directly on CIP CI test environment from > linux-cip-ci > repo would be really helpful. > > Thanks, > Alicef Best regards, Nobuhiro