Hello, On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 11:13:27AM -0500, Bjorn Andersson wrote: > On Tue 04 May 10:43 CDT 2021, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > So downstream they have (last time I looked at the code) an addition in > > > the PWM API where the LED driver can inform the PWM driver part about > > > the indices to use. Naturally I don't think that's a good idea. > > > > Dunno. Is it bad idea? > > > > pattern support for other PWMs (vibration?) seems useful, too. Yes, it > > means more discussion and extending PWMs properly.. > > > > @Thierry, @Lee, @Uwe, are you interested in extending the PWM api with > some sort of support for specifying an array of "duty_cycle" and some > property for how fast the hardware should cycle through those duty > cycles? (And I need a bit/bool to indicate if the pattern should run > once of be repeated) > > The (current) use case relates to being able to alter the duty cycle > over time to create "effects" such as pulsing an LED. My personal opinion here is that this is too special to be worth the generalisation. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |