* Radio module transmit power
@ 2021-05-07 20:57 meneghello
From: meneghello @ 2021-05-07 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k

Hello everybody,

I am working with a Gateworks GW6200 SBC and I have a problem when
connecting a Compex WLE1216V5-23 radio module to the SBC through the
PCIe connector.
The radio module works with ath10k and I am using OpenWRT on the SBC.

The module works correctly and I am able to configure it as an access point.
However, it seems that the transmission power is less than the one we
set using hostapd.
In fact, placing a receiver at a distance of 10 cm from the access
point, the power there is -80 dBm.

I was wondering whether this is a hardware problem, and thus I need to
add a power amplifier, or it is simply related to some registers to be
properly set for the ath10k firmware.

I hope you can help me solve this issue.
With best regards,
Francesca

* Radio module transmit power
@ 2021-05-07 20:56 meneghello