From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien via lttng-dev <lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org>
To: public@triplanets.com
Cc: lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org
Subject: Re: [lttng-dev] Syntax error running lttng
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:56:15 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:48:13AM +1000, Merlin via lttng-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have compiled LTTNG for ARM but when I try to run the executable, I get
> this error:

Do you have any of the logs for the lttng-tools project?

That would be `config.log` and the output from `make` and `make install`

> lttng: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

Hmmm that does not look like an error from a elf executable.

Do you have any bash or shell alias for the lttng command?

Please provide the output of the following commands:
  $ file $(which lttng)
  $ head -n 10 $(which lttng)

> lttng-sessiond

If this happens also on the `lttng-sessiond` via command line but works using a
service, it would point to weird shell setup.

>   all produce the same error.
>

> There were no compiler errors.  I am at a loss to understand what it is
> complaining about from the message.

Me too.

> Modules seem to load fine.

Modules are loaded by the lttng-sessiond executable. Here only the CLI
executable seems to be having some problem.

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS