* pulseaudio can't load configuration for snd_hda_intel
       [not found] <1623329798297422886-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-06-10 12:56 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2021-06-10 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #99 was edited from hzhuang1:

In v1.2.2, the content of HDA-Intel.conf is in below. v1.2.2 is widely used, such as in ubuntu 20.04.

```
Syntax 3

Define.Use ""  # a non-empty string to use UCM configuration for HDA devices

Define.AcpCardId "$${CardIdByName:acp}"
```
With this content, pulseaudio can't load configuration from UCM. Then I tried to edit the content. Change it to
```
Define.Use "2"
```
or
```
Define.Use "3"
```
Pulseaudio worked with "options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1" on DELL laptop.

My question is what's the real meaning of **Define.Use** at here. Why the default value of **Define.Use** is empty string? Even in latest code, the **Define.Use** is also an empty string.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/99
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf

* pulseaudio can't load configuration for snd_hda_intel
       [not found] <1623329690674726963-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-06-10 12:54 ` GitHub issues - opened
From: GitHub issues - opened @ 2021-06-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #99 was opened from hzhuang1:

In v1.2.2, the content of HDA-Intel.conf is in below. v1.2.2 is widely used, such as in ubuntu 20.04.

```
Syntax 3

Define.Use ""  # a non-empty string to use UCM configuration for HDA devices

Define.AcpCardId "$${CardIdByName:acp}"
```
With this content, pulseaudio can't load configuration from UCM. Then I tried to edit the content. Change it to
```
Define.Use "2"
```
or
```
Define.Use "3"
```
Pulseaudio worked with "options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1" on DELL laptop.

My question is what's the real meaning of **Define.Use** at here. Why the default value of **Define.Use** is empty string? Even in v1.2.4, the **Define.Use** is also an empty string.