All of lore.kernel.org
From: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
To: "Rafael J . Wysocki" <rjw@rjwysocki.net>,
	Len Brown <lenb@kernel.org>, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
Cc: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>,
	linux-acpi@vger.kernel.org, linux-pci@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [RFC 0/1] PCI/ACPI: Make acpi_pci_root_validate_resources() reject IOMEM resources which start at address 0
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:25:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi All,

Here is an attempt to fix an issue which is causing I2C-HID touchpads /
touchscreens to not work on various recent Intel CPU using Lenovo Ideapad
laptop models. There are quite a few reports about this and I think I've
finally figured out what is going on here. See the patch for details.

Note this is just a RFC for now, with as purpose to gather some feedback,
specifically feedback on if the solution I came up with to just reject all
_CSR returned PCI IOMEM regions with a base-address of 0 is acceptable.

This is a RFC becase I'm waiting to hear back from the reporters to see if
the patch actually fixes things.

Regards,

Hans

Hans de Goede (1):
  PCI/ACPI: Make acpi_pci_root_validate_resources() reject IOMEM
    resources which start at address 0

 drivers/acpi/pci_root.c | 7 +++++++
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+)

--