On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 02:20:45PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote: > Looking at the code, that is ideal case. Only issue I can see is that > core DMA mapping device being used is incorrect. The core would use > ctlr->dev.parent which is the spi0 device here. Why would the parent of the controller be a SPI device? > But in this case, that wont work. We have a parent qup device which is > the parent for both spi and dma device and needs to be used for > dma-mapping! > If we allow drivers to set dma mapping device and use that, then I can > reuse the core. Let me know if that is agreeable to you and I can hack > this up. Maybe add a new member in spi_controller which is filled by > drivers in can_dma() callback? Possibly, I'd need to see the code.