* a52 plugin crashing pulseaudio
       [not found] <1623935824550184011-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-06-17 13:17 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2021-06-17 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-plugins issue #28 was edited from quequotion:

Ever since f11e7a8994111f971bc881d4069f768472452f4f, the recent commit that brings the a52 plugin up to speed with ffmpeg's requirement for s32le format sampling, sending any audio to plug:a52 from any pulseaudio client crashes pulseaudio.

I [posted this log](https://gist.github.com/quequotion/78972bac339f5249cf6b383519cdcedf) earlier in #23, in which audio from mpv crashes pulseaudio.

I have tried other clients since and they all crash the same way.

This is with a default pulseaudio configuration, as shipped in Archlinux, and the following `/etc/asound.conf`:

```
# Alsa Resampler
 defaults.pcm.rate_converter "speexrate_best"

# Use PulseAudio by default
pcm.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
  hint {
    show on
    description "Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)"
  }
}

ctl.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
}

defaults.namehint.showall on
defaults.namehint.extended on
```

To enable the use of plug:a52 in pulseaudio without configuring it manually, I select the "Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) Output" profile in `pavucontrol`.

Pulseaudio, as far as I know, is agnostic of how ALSA plugins work internally. This leads me to think there is something not getting done right in the new patchset, even if it is tolerable in an ALSA-only setup.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-plugins/issues/28
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-plugins

* a52 plugin crashing pulseaudio
       [not found] <1623935778038362980-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-06-17 13:16 ` GitHub issues - edited
From: GitHub issues - edited @ 2021-06-17 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-plugins issue #28 was edited from quequotion:

Ever since f11e7a8994111f971bc881d4069f768472452f4f, the recent commit that brings the a52 plugin up to speed with ffmpeg's requirement for s32le format sampling, sending any audio via plug:a52 from any pulseaudio client crashes pulseaudio.

       [not found] <1623933514724359035-webhooks-bot@alsa-project.org>
@ 2021-06-17 12:38 ` GitHub issues - opened
From: GitHub issues - opened @ 2021-06-17 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

alsa-project/alsa-plugins issue #28 was opened from quequotion:

[...]

To enable the use of plug:52 in pulseaudio without configuring it manually, I select the "Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) Output" profile in `pavucontrol`.