On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:35:32AM +0300, Amir Goldstein wrote: > > Do you have feeling of dejavu? ;-) > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/20200730192537.GB13525@quack2.suse.cz/ That was a year ago. I have trouble remembering emails I sent yesterday. > > We've been through this. > Maybe you silenced the smach warning on fsnotify() and the rename to > __fsnotifty() > caused this warning to refloat? Yes. Renaming the function will make it show up as a new warning. Also this is an email from the kbuild-bot and last years email was from me, so it's a different tool and a different record of sent messages. (IMO, you should really just remove the bogus NULL checks because everyone looking at the warning will think the code is buggy). regards, dan carpenter