On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 09:51:54PM +0300, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote: > The filesystem and EFI (capsule and secure boot) test setups try to use > guestmount and virt-make-fs respectively to prepare disk images to run > tests on. However, these libguestfs tools need a kernel image and fail > with the following message (revealed in debug/trace mode) if it can't > find one: > > supermin: failed to find a suitable kernel (host_cpu=x86_64). > > I looked for kernels in /boot and modules in /lib/modules. > > If this is a Xen guest, and you only have Xen domU kernels > installed, try installing a fullvirt kernel (only for > supermin use, you shouldn't boot the Xen guest with it). > > This failure then causes these tests to be skipped in CIs. Install a > kernel package in the Docker containers so the CIs can run these > tests with libguestfs tools again (assuming the container is run with > necessary host devices and privileges). As this kernel would be only > used for virtualization, we can use the kernel package specialized for > that. On Ubuntu systems kernel images are not readable by non-root > users, so explicitly add read permissions with chmod as well. > > Signed-off-by: Alper Nebi Yasak > Acked-by: Heinrich Schuchardt Applied to u-boot/master, thanks! -- Tom