On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 18:16:27 +0100 "Paul Barker" wrote: > When looking at meta-linux-mainline in the layer index I realised that the > recipe version shown were out-of-date. The most recent update log [1] showed > that the layer had failed to parse. Looking at the log it was obvious that this > was due to the path in which the layer had been cloned, not due to any issue in > the layer itself. As git repositories on sourcehut use '~' as a prefix to the > username in the URL, this character ended up in the local path to the layer. > When bitbake parsed the recipes in this layer, the '~' character ended up in the > function name generated for an anonymous Python function. Since '~' isn't a > valid character in a Python function name we got a pile of errors. > > We already have a translation table to handle characters which aren't valid in > Python function names, we just need to add '~' to the table. > > Paul Barker (1): > parse/ast: Substitute '~' when naming anonymous functions > > lib/bb/parse/ast.py | 2 +- > 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) > It helps if I include the URL rather than just leaving a dead reference... [1]: https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/layerupdate/9144821/ Thanks, -- Paul Barker https://pbarker.dev/