On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 02:25:59PM +0800, Zhiqiang Hou wrote: > From: Hou Zhiqiang > > The feature BOOTENV_SHARED_EFI is not supported on layerscape > boards, it didn't result kernel boot crash previously since > there isn't the efi/boot/"BOOTEFI_NAME" and it skip calling of > 'boot_efi_binary'. > > But since the commit f3866909e350 ("distro_bootcmd: call EFI > bootmgr even without having /EFI/boot"), it will cause kernel > boot crash as there isn't a valid fdt_addr and it finially uses > the device tree blob of U-Boot and further cause errors. > > As this feature is enabled by default for armv7 and armv8, so > disable it explicitly to avoid calling the 'scan_dev_for_efi'. I'm not thrilled with this. Why isn't the solution to get and keep in sync the device trees, so that the tree U-Boot has is valid for the kernel? I'm also open to discussing f3866909e350 more. But I'm really opposed to disabling EFI_LOADER on modern platforms as that will make adoption of U-Boot in device harder I feel. -- Tom