On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 10:56:26AM +0200, Stephan Gerhold wrote: > For some reason, the DragonBoard 410c aborts autoboot immediately if > U-Boot is started without LK. It looks like it picks up a single broken > character via serial and therefore believes a key was pressed to abort > autoboot. > > After some debugging, it seems like adding some delay after pinctrl > setup but before UART initialization fixes the issue. It's also worth > mentioning that unlike when booting from LK, the pinctrl setup is > actually necessary when booting U-Boot without LK since UART is broken > if the pinctrl line is removed. > > I suspect that reconfiguring the pins might take some time to stabilize > and if the UART controller is enabled too quickly it will pick up some > random noise. Adding a few milliseconds of delay fixes the issue and > shouldn't have any other negative side effects. > > 3ms seems to be the minimum delay required in my tests, use 5ms instead > just to be sure. > > Signed-off-by: Stephan Gerhold Applied to u-boot/master, thanks! -- Tom