* i2c-tools 4.3 has been released
@ 2021-07-22 14:37 Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2021-07-22 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux I2C; +Cc: Wolfram Sang

Hi all,

A new version of i2c-tools was tagged and released today. You can
download i2c-tools 4.3 at the usual place:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/utils/i2c-tools/

It includes almost one year worth of fixes and improvements. Changes
are as follows:
  * decode-dimms: Attempt to decode LPDDR3 modules
  * eeprom, eepromer: Removed the tools in favor of eeprog
  * i2cdetect: Sort the bus list by number
  * i2cdump: Add range support to I2C block mode
             Deprecate SMBus block mode
  * i2cget: Add support for I2C block read
            Add support for SMBus block read
  * i2ctransfer: Reverted check for returned length from driver

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support

* Re: i2c-tools 4.3 has been released
@ 2021-07-27 13:38 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2021-07-27 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux I2C; +Cc: Wolfram Sang

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:37:45 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> A new version of i2c-tools was tagged and released today. You can
> download i2c-tools 4.3 at the usual place:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/utils/i2c-tools/
>
> It includes almost one year worth of fixes and improvements. Changes
> are as follows:
>   * decode-dimms: Attempt to decode LPDDR3 modules
>   * eeprom, eepromer: Removed the tools in favor of eeprog
>   * i2cdetect: Sort the bus list by number
>   * i2cdump: Add range support to I2C block mode
>              Deprecate SMBus block mode
>   * i2cget: Add support for I2C block read
>             Add support for SMBus block read
>   * i2ctransfer: Reverted check for returned length from driver

Unfortunately I made a packaging mistake when preparing the tarballs.
The prefix inside the archive was accidentally set to i2c-tools-4.0
instead of i2c-tools-4.3. As this is quite confusing and inconvenient
for distribution packagers, I have just regenerated and pushed a clean
tarball with the proper prefix. Just give it some time to reach the
mirrors.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support