On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 04:52:38PM +0100, Dave Martin wrote: > Rather makes me wonder > why it wasn't static in the first place. This might have arisen from > splitting out a backend function from something else that isn't static, > or maybe I was trying to do this directy from KVM. The notion of non- > task context that the KVM now uses is newer than the original SVE code. IIRC there was something like that in the older KVM SVE stuff but I didn't go spelunking enough to figure it out specifically. > Anyway, assuming you've grepped and tried to build with KVM at least > (so, defconfig): grepped and my standard development builds include KVM.