At 2021-08-01T14:30:00+0200, Alejandro Colomar (man-pages) wrote: > The same happened to me the first time. > > I guess it's the way Debian folks do their packaging, breaking > semantically :) every package into smaller packages. As send-email > isn't needed at all for (basic) git usage, it can go into a separate > package. > > I like it. It reduces the size of every package, and you have more > control over what you have installed on your system. > > Comparing that to the short time that I used Manjaro (Arch-based), > where I had to install full-blown GUI programs just to get a C > library... It's ironic that I overlooked this possibility. I used to maintain XFree86, a monolithic X Window System distribution, for Debian (XFree86 is a project now best known as a spectacular case of Open Source Seppuku). When I took over maintenance, it was already dozens of packages, and I sliced it even finer. But at the time it was Debian's policy to configure and provide X11-enabled versions of software everywhere possible except under special circumstaces involving package priority. You could make a "no X" alternative build and binary package if you wanted to go to the trouble. > > Thanks! Without some NeoMutt help, it looks like this is my route > > forward. > > If you get it to work while still signing your emails, I'd be > interested in knowing how you have set it up. If I manage it, I certainly will. Thanks! Regards, Branden