Hi! > > So "r8159-0300:green:activity" would be closer to the naming we want, > > but lets not do that, we really want this to be similar to what others > > are doing, and that probably means "ethphy3:green:activity" AFAICT. > > Pavel, one point of the discussion is that in this case the LED is > controlled by MAC, not PHY. So the question is whether we want to do > "ethmacN" (in addition to "ethphyN"). Sorry, I missed that. I guess that yes, ethmacX is okay, too. Even better would be to find common term that could be used for both ethmacN and ethphyN and just use that. (Except that we want to avoid ethX). Maybe "ethportX" would be suitable? Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek