* Connman stability degraded upgrading new versions
@ 2021-09-14  6:58 Jupiter
From: Jupiter @ 2021-09-14  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman; +Cc: Daniel Wagner

Hi Daniel,

When I used connman v1.35, it was very stable, it could switch to 4G
LTE automatically and reliably when the WiFi was not available.

After upgrading to version 1.37, that network automatic switch is
gone, I have to restart connman to make it work.

After trying to upgrade to version 1.39 in the Hardknott branch, I
cannot not even get WiFi and 4G LTE work, the WiFi network was
assigned with a fake IP address 10.x.x.x, it could not get the 4G LTE
interface. I have to abandon the upgrading. I was told that connman
1.39 did not work well with Hardknott libraries, I have no idea who is
managing the connman release on OE Yocto build.

What has been changed in connman new versions? I must miss something,
I was told that connman uses WPA supplicant for WiFi, I have used WPA
supplicant v2.6 for the connman v1.37, could it be WPA_supplicant
problem, or Yocto build problem or connman problem? My apology, I
don't have good debug skills to debug it, but if you could instruct me
debug technique I'll provide more testing and debug information.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter