Hi, On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 02:54:14PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > Hi, > > Here's another attempt at fixing the complete CPU stall while retrieving the > HDMI connector status when the connector is disabled. > > This was fixed already, but eventually got reverted by Linus due to the same > symptom happening in another situation. This was likely (but not confirmed by > the reporter) due to the kernel being booted without an HDMI display connected, > in which case the firmware won't initialise the HDMI State Machine clock. > > This is fixed by patch 3. However, further changes in the clock drivers were > needed for clk_set_min_rate to be used, which are patches 1 and 2. > > Finally, patches 4 and 5 are the original patches that were reverted. Patch 4 > got a small modification to move the clk_set_min_rate() call before the HSM > clock is enabled. If we merge the clock patches and DRM patches separately we're going to break bisectability. I guess the easiest approach would be to merge the clk patches through DRM. Does that work for everyone? Maxime