* #yocto -third party licensimg
@ 2021-09-24 11:10 Monsees, Steven C (US)
From: Monsees, Steven C (US) @ 2021-09-24 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello:

I am running zeus 3.0.4...

A vendor has supplied us with a generic license.txt file, which we were able to add to the acexpci recipe we use to build in their package.
The license provided to us by the vendor is not part of the generic licenses list that yocto recognizes.

We get a warning though which says:

WARNING: aiox-defaultfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The license listed DataDeviceCorporation was not in the licenses collected for recipe acexpci

Though the warning occurs, I can see the license.txt being saved inside the rootfs on and is saved under tmp/deploy/licenses/acexpci.
I've been trying to get rid of this warning when the image builds, but I can't seem to find anything in the manuals or online.

The one solution I found says : Add LICENSE_PATH += "${LAYERDIR}/custom-licenses" under conf/layer.conf, this does not resolve this warning.

This is a new item being added to our Yocto build.
The Data Direct vendor does not submit their code to Yocto because they sell thier code.
We are adding code to Yocto that has a private license and we are attempting to have Yocto accept the license, is this proper way to handle this ?

Can you tell me the proper way to add a custom license to a recipe in yocto ?

Thanks,
Steve