Hi Kees, On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 16:09:13 -0700 Kees Cook wrote: > > I guess it depends on the expected order of operations. What do other > maintainers do to process a PR? I would think it would be: > > - pull remote branch (to FETCH_HEAD) > - review (in FETCH_HEAD? in a "real" branch?) Our workflow usually requires that all patches are posted to an appropriate mailing list for review. If the developer then also has a git branch/tag containing the patch series (after updating for Reviewed-bys etc) then that is a separate issue and (probably) requires a level of trust on the part of the maintainer (or a recheck) that the patches have not been changed since the final review. > - merge into my topic branch (where the commit subject should retain details > of the pull location, body has notes from the signed tag, etc...) > - review, build, and test "rinse and repeat" :-) > - push to public tree -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell