On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 03:48:26PM +0900, Kuninori Morimoto wrote: > > The current generation of graph based generic audio card is > > audio-graph-card > > This is going to be an (incompatible) evolution, the Next/New > > Generation. Would it sound better if it is named > > audio-graph-card-ng / ng-audio-graph-card > > The 'rich' sound really out of place (if not rich then poor?). Wealthy, billionaire, oligarch... :P > > Next Generation, New Generation, Extended, etc > > or just drop the graph and > > generic-audio-card > To be honest, I don't think this version will be final version of > Generic audio card driver. > We will want to have more advanced generic audio card if framework was updated, > and/or new feature was added, and/or want to use more complex connection, > etc, etc, etc... > Thus, my honest opinion is that using v2, v3, ... is easy to understand, > especially for audio-graph-card. (audio-graph-card2, audio-graph-card3, ...) I think part of the thing that pushed me towards suggesting a more descriptive name was that your original posting made it sound like this wasn't going to replace the existing card for all applications which looking again isn't really the case and just numbering might be better. Sorry about the hassle there :/