From: "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com>
To: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@inria.fr>
Cc: cocci@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Build failures, possibly 32 bit only, with OCaml 4.13.1
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 15:01:44 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 03:45:56PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2021, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > [resending to the new mailing list]
> >
> > Hi Julia,
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=76740903
> >
> > I observed build failures with OCaml 4.13.1.  They manifest as
> > segmentation faults.  Unfortunately it's not easy to get the core
> > dump, but I might be able to get a stack trace later.  Apart from that
> > you can look at the build logs by clicking through the red links above
> > and going to "build.log".
> >
> > The common factor may be 32 bit platforms.
> >
> > We (Fedora) don't really care too much about cocci on 32 bit since
> > it's a development tool and every developer these days has a 64 bit
> > machine.  (It could of course be something unrelated to 32 bit)
>
> Thanks for the report, I will see if something can be done.

After saying all that I noticed there's a newer version available,
and upgrading actually fixes it:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=76743322

I didn't notice any particular change that mentioned "32 bit".
So that's .. strange, but at least it's fixed!

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v