On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 11:27:43PM +0200, Jernej Škrabec wrote: > Hi everyone! > > Commit cb9faa6f98ae ("tools: Use a single target-independent config to enable > OpenSSL") recently introduced option to disable usage of OpenSSL via > CONFIG_TOOLS_LIBCRYPTO. However, just a bit later, another commit b4f3cc2c42d9 > ("tools: kwbimage: Do not hide usage of secure header under > CONFIG_ARMADA_38X") made U-Boot tools hard dependent on OpenSSL. That totally > defeats the purpose of first commit. I suggest that it gets reverted. > > I would like disable OpenSSL for my usage, since it gives me troubles when > cross-compiling U-Boot inside LibreELEC build system. It's not needed for our > case anyway. How hard is it to specify openssl as a dependency for U-Boot, in the LibreELEC build system? I assume openssl is being used in other parts of the build anyhow. Thanks! -- Tom