Hi, all: Based on feedback, the latest master branch implements the following important changes to the ty and shazam subcommands: b4 ty: - there's initial implementation to send out thanks-mail directly instead of simply writing out .thanks files. It will look at any existing [sendemail] git configuration already used by git-send-email, but only currently supports the more popular subset of possible configuration parameters, specifically: sendemail.smtpServer sendemail.smtpServerPort sendemail.smtpEncryption sendemail.smtpUser sendemail.smtpPass sendemail.from This is only lightly tested with the two mail servers to which I have access, but should work for kernel.org and linux.dev accounts. - if you have multiple sendemail identities and you want b4 to use a specific one, you can set the b4.sendemail-identity configuration parameter to tell b4 which identity to use. - there's an important flag change: the -s,--send option used in versions 0.8 and prior to select a subset of tracked patches/pull requests is now called -t,--thank-for in order to reduce possible confusion with the new -S,--send-email flag used to invoke automatic mail sending. Since "ty" is still marked as "EXPERIMENTAL", I don't feel too bad about this change. Attempting to use -s will just give "no such option" error, so there shouldn't be any unintended side-effects other than potential annoyance. Sorry about that in any case. - there's also a --dry-run flag now to preview emails before sending them out. This will not mark tracked patches/pull requests as sent. b4 shazam: - Based on feedback, I changed the default behaviour to apply patches to the currently active tree instead of simulating a pull request and fetching into FETCH_HEAD. So, running "b4 shazam " will now run "git am". - You can still simulate a pull request and fetch a patch/series into FETCH_HEAD -- use the -H,--make-fetch-head flag for that purpose, e.g.: b4 shazam -H Best regards, -K