On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 01:06:02PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 08:16:08AM +0100, Sean Young wrote: > > This means with your changes, if the carrier and duty cycle are both set > > for each transmission, then we're doing more work. If only the carrier > > is set for each transmission, then there is no net gain/loss (I think), > > but the code size has increased. > > OK, then I discard my patch. > > While reading that I wondered if it makes sense to have a callback that > sets both carrier and duty cycle and then remove the other two. There are separate lirc ioctls to set carrier and duty cycle, that's why there are separate callbacks. Sean