On 30.03.2022 09:46:08, Ondrej Ille wrote: > sorry for the late reply, my work duties are keeping me very busy. Known problem :) > Let me just quickly comment on topics discussed in the emails above. > > *1. Separation of PROP and TSEG1* > > IMHO there is no real benefit. The reason why CTU CAN FD has this > split is legacy. First implementation back in 2015 had this split > since I wanted to follow the standard. In HW, the first thing done in > bit timing logic (prescaler module), these two numbers are added, and > all further resynchronization/hard-synchronization is done with TSEG1 > value... Thanks for the insight. It's not easy to get in touch with the developers of the proprietary IP cores :) Never the less, there's another IP core which has different sizes for the prop and tseg1 register. So an update of the bit timing constant would help both. > *2. Number of TXT Buffers and RX Buffer size:* > > Pavel already replied with TXTB_INFO. The same role has the RX_MEM_INFO > register, when it comes to RX side. Thanks for the clarification. regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Embedded Linux | https://www.pengutronix.de | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 |