On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 04:59:34PM -0400, Sean Anderson wrote: > Some serial drivers can be vastly more efficient when printing multiple > characters at once. Non-DM serial has had a puts option for these sorts > of drivers; implement it for DM serial as well. > > Because we have to add carriage returns, we can't just pass the whole > string directly to the serial driver. Instead, we print up to the > newline, then print a carriage return, and then continue on. This is > less efficient, but it is better than printing each character > individually. It also avoids having to allocate memory just to add a few > characters. > > Drivers may perform short writes (such as filling a FIFO) and return the > number of characters written in len. We loop over them in the same way > that _serial_putc loops over putc. > > This results in around sizeof(void *) growth for all boards with > DM_SERIAL. The full implementation takes around 140 bytes. > > Signed-off-by: Sean Anderson > Reviewed-by: Simon Glass Applied to u-boot/next, thanks! -- Tom