From: zlinuxboy at outlook.com
To: iwd at lists.01.org
Subject: How to run separate iwd for every wifi dongle on the same host?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 01:40:34 +0000	[thread overview]

I am trying to plug 3 wifi dongle into one SBC(odroid c2 running armbian 22.01), wish to run separate iwd instance for each wifi dongle, in order to connect different ssid and acquire dhcp ip address and assign to them.

I have successfully implement with systemd-networkd+vrf+iwd, assign three wifi dongle to different vrf. start iwd, all three wifi dongle could connect to the same ssid and get different ip with dhcp, including default route.

but when I assign different wifi dongle to the same ssid  with different psk(my ap is aerohive, support ppsk, everything user have a different private key. cisco, ruckus, aruba has such the same feature), iwd could not save the multiple config for the same ssid, because the same ssid share one config. so any possible to run separate iwd for every wifi dongle?