On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 09:31:56AM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote: > On 28/04/2022 08:36, Jung Daehwan wrote: > >> > >> Since you called everything here as "exynos" it is specific to one > >> hardware and not-reusable on anything else. How can then you use some > >> other compatible? It would be a misuse of Devicetree bindings. > >> > > > > I got it. Let me add them. Is it still necessary if it is only used by > > other module on runtime as I said above? > > Except what Greg wrote, if by "other module" you mean out-of-tree, then > the patchset will not be accepted as it is unusable for Linux users. > Basically it would be a dead code in Linux kernel. > > Best regards, > Krzysztof > I wanted to submit patches of just xhci. Let me add a patch together of other module(dwc3-exynos) that is in-tree on next submission. Is it still necessary to add compatible or bindings in this case? Best Regards, Jung Daehwan