* [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Zoned Storage Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2022
       [not found] <CGME20220522220139uscas1p1e3426b4457e0753c701e9917fe3ec6d2@uscas1p1.samsung.com>
@ 2022-05-22 22:01   ` Adam Manzanares
From: Adam Manzanares @ 2022-05-22 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel
  Cc: mcgrof, mb, hare, linux-block, linux-fsdevel, linux-btrfs, dm-devel

Zoned Storage Devices (SMR HDDs and ZNS SSDs) have demonstrated that they can
improve storage capacity, throughput, and latency over conventional storage
devices for many workloads. Zoned storage technology is deployed at scale in
some of the largest data centers in the world. There's already a
well-established set of storage vendors with increasing device availability and
a mature software foundation for interacting with zoned storage devices is
available. Zoned storage software support is evolving and their is room for
increased file-system support and additional userspace applications.

The Zoned Storage microconference focuses on evolving the Linux zoned
storage ecosystem by improving kernel support, file systems, and applications.
In addition, the forum allows us to open the discussion to incorporate and grow
the zoned storage community making sure to meet everyone's needs and
expectations. Finally, it is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in
zoned storage devices to meet and discuss how we can move the ecosystem forward
together.

Suggested topics:

    - Ecosystem & Architectural review
    - Your journey using or enabling zoned storage devices
    - Current and future kernel work (non-power of 2 zones, swap
support, raid, log-structured block devices …)
    - Qemu support now and later
    - SPDK support now and later
    - File systems support now and later (f2fs, btrfs, zonefs, ...)
    - Application support now and later (CacheLib, Cassandra, Ceph,
HDFS, RocksDB, MySQL, TerarkDB, your favorite application, …)
    - Tools and libraries related to zoned storage devices (blkzone,
fio, libzbd, nvme-cli, xnvme, xztl, …)
    - Debugging tools and approaches

If you are interested in participating in this microconference and have
topics to propose, please use the LPC CFP process [1], and select "Zone
Storage MC" for the "Track".

The submission deadline is June 30.

Come and join us in the discussion. We hope to see you there!

For more information, feel free to contact the Zoned Storage MC Leads:
    Adam Manzanares <a.manzanares@samsung.com>
    Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
    Matias Bjørling <mb@lightnvm.io>
    Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>

[1] https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/

* [dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Zoned Storage Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2022
@ 2022-05-22 22:01   ` Adam Manzanares
From: Adam Manzanares @ 2022-05-22 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel
  Cc: dm-devel, linux-block, mcgrof, linux-fsdevel, mb, linux-btrfs

[...]

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Zoned Storage Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2022
@ 2022-08-24 23:43     ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2022-08-24 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Manzanares, linux-kernel
  Cc: mcgrof, mb, hare, linux-block, linux-fsdevel, linux-btrfs, dm-devel

On 5/22/22 15:01, Adam Manzanares wrote:
> Zoned Storage Devices (SMR HDDs and ZNS SSDs) have demonstrated that they can
> improve storage capacity, throughput, and latency over conventional storage
> devices for many workloads. Zoned storage technology is deployed at scale in
> some of the largest data centers in the world. There's already a
> well-established set of storage vendors with increasing device availability and
> a mature software foundation for interacting with zoned storage devices is
> available. Zoned storage software support is evolving and their is room for
> increased file-system support and additional userspace applications.
>
> The Zoned Storage microconference focuses on evolving the Linux zoned
> storage ecosystem by improving kernel support, file systems, and applications.
> In addition, the forum allows us to open the discussion to incorporate and grow
> the zoned storage community making sure to meet everyone's needs and
> expectations. Finally, it is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in
> zoned storage devices to meet and discuss how we can move the ecosystem forward
> together.

Hi Adam,

On https://lpc.events/event/16/contributions/1147/ I see four speakers
but no agenda? Will an agenda be added before the microconference starts?

Thanks,

Bart.

* Re: [dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Zoned Storage Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2022
@ 2022-08-24 23:43     ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2022-08-24 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Manzanares, linux-kernel
  Cc: dm-devel, linux-block, mcgrof, linux-fsdevel, mb, linux-btrfs

@ 2022-08-25  0:15       ` Damien Le Moal
From: Damien Le Moal @ 2022-08-25  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche, Adam Manzanares, linux-kernel
  Cc: mcgrof, hare, linux-block, linux-fsdevel, linux-btrfs, dm-devel,
	Matias Bjorling

On 2022/08/24 16:43, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 5/22/22 15:01, Adam Manzanares wrote:
>> Zoned Storage Devices (SMR HDDs and ZNS SSDs) have demonstrated that they can
>> improve storage capacity, throughput, and latency over conventional storage
>> devices for many workloads. Zoned storage technology is deployed at scale in
>> some of the largest data centers in the world. There's already a
>> well-established set of storage vendors with increasing device availability and
>> a mature software foundation for interacting with zoned storage devices is
>> available. Zoned storage software support is evolving and their is room for
>> increased file-system support and additional userspace applications.
>>
>> The Zoned Storage microconference focuses on evolving the Linux zoned
>> storage ecosystem by improving kernel support, file systems, and applications.
>> In addition, the forum allows us to open the discussion to incorporate and grow
>> the zoned storage community making sure to meet everyone's needs and
>> expectations. Finally, it is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in
>> zoned storage devices to meet and discuss how we can move the ecosystem forward
>> together.
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> On https://lpc.events/event/16/contributions/1147/ I see four speakers
> but no agenda? Will an agenda be added before the microconference starts?

And the speaker list is not up-to-date either. I am a speaker too :)

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research

From: Damien Le Moal @ 2022-08-25  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche, Adam Manzanares, linux-kernel
  Cc: Matias Bjorling, dm-devel, linux-block, mcgrof, linux-fsdevel,
	linux-btrfs

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Zoned Storage Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2022
@ 2022-08-25  4:18         ` Kanchan Joshi
From: Kanchan Joshi @ 2022-08-25  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Le Moal
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, Adam Manzanares, linux-kernel, mcgrof, hare,
	linux-block, linux-fsdevel, linux-btrfs, dm-devel,
	Matias Bjorling

This page shows the agenda: https://lpc.events/event/16/sessions/149/#20220914

From: Kanchan Joshi @ 2022-08-25  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Le Moal
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, dm-devel, Matias Bjorling, linux-kernel,
	linux-block, mcgrof, Adam Manzanares, linux-fsdevel, linux-btrfs