From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@kernel.org>,
	Kernel Team <kernel-team@fb.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] nolibc changes for v5.19
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:56:05 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Linus,

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 11:42:48AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 11:24 AM Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > This pull request adds a number of library functions and splits this
> > library into multiple files.
>
> Well, this is annoying.
>
> You add the rule to test and install this, and "make help" will list
> "nolibc" as a target, but that is not actually true at all.
>
> So what's the appropriate way to actually test this pull somehow?
>
> I'm guessing it's along the lines of
>
>     make ARCH=x86 nolibc_headers
>
> in the tools directory, but then I got bored and decided I need to
> just continue the merge window.
>
> I've pulled this, but it all makes me go "Hmm, I'd have liked to maybe
> even build test it".

I did. I must confess I'm embarrassed now because when I added the
entries there, exactly in order to reuse what was in place, I found
it a bit tricky to launch the tests, but after that I felt OK with
it. Now it's been a quite some time now and I don't remember the exact
way to trigger the tests there, so it's likely that I didn't leave
enough info in the commit messages :-( Let me have a look and figure
again how to start the tests.

Sorry about that,
Willy