* Issue with connman.service
@ 2022-04-29 19:06 Matthew Austin
From: Matthew Austin @ 2022-04-29 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

Hi, I'm using dbus to try and connect to wifi access point. I've made a
provisioning file in /var/lib/connman as suggested by the documentation.
However, when I make the call to the endpoint Connect for the service that
I'm trying to connect to, I just get Operation Timeout or I get that the
signature doesn't exist. This happens when using my c program to do this as
well as doing this through d-feet. I'm not sure but it's like it ignores
the provisioning file that I have. Attached is the file that I've created
as an example. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

[-- Attachment #2: main.config --]

[global]
Name=RobotNetworkConfig
Description=Config file for wifi network

[service_wifi_a434d9da41ca_4642495f47756573742d32_managed_psk]
Type=wifi
Name=FBI_Guest-2
SSID=4642495F47756573742D32
Passphrase=snowden3D
Favorite=true
AutoConnect=true
NameServers=10.10.10.1
IPv4=dhcp
IPv6=auto
MAC=59:7a:e3:8d:39:2f

* Re: Issue with connman.service
@ 2022-05-02 10:05 ` Thomas Bartosik
From: Thomas Bartosik @ 2022-05-02 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

If I try to connect to a service with the "human readable" name with connmanctl, I also get

Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist

I need to use the ID in the second column (don't know how to call it, no column title) of the "services" command. That's something I mentioned in a recent thread, I think this could be improved.

That should be something like "wifi_<macaddress>_<hexencodedessid>_managed_psk".

But maybe that's totally unrelated to your problem :-)

Best,
th

@ 2022-05-25  7:12   ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2022-05-25  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Bartosik; +Cc: connman

On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 10:05:02AM +0000, Thomas Bartosik wrote:
> If I try to connect to a service with the "human readable" name with connmanctl, I also get
>
> Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist
>
> I need to use the ID in the second column (don't know how to call it, no column title) of the "services" command. That's something I mentioned in a recent thread, I think this could be improved.

Yep, the connmanctl tool could use a proper refresh... Anyway, if you
use the D-Bus interface all the IDs are based on the D-Bus paths and
names.

> That should be something like
> "wifi_<macaddress>_<hexencodedessid>_managed_psk".

Correct, this is how the service is identified. It's also the identifier
you need to use in the config file though prefixed with 'service_'.

> But maybe that's totally unrelated to your problem :-)
>
> Best,
> th
>
> On 29.04.22 21:07, Matthew Austin wrote:
> > Hi, I'm using dbus to try and connect to wifi access point. I've made a provisioning file in /var/lib/connman as suggested by the documentation. However, when I make the call to the endpoint Connect for the service that I'm trying to connect to, I just get Operation Timeout or I get that the signature doesn't exist. This happens when using my c program to do this as well as doing this through d-feet. I'm not sure but it's like it ignores the provisioning file that I have. Attached is the file that I've created as an example. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe enable the debug log and look out of there is some 'Unable to
load...' or so. To avoid being spammed reduce the debug log scope to

connamnd -n -d src/storage.c:src/config.c

Daniel