* Intro to DPDK and Installation for DPI
@ 2022-06-03  6:13 Muhammad Siddique .
From: Muhammad Siddique . @ 2022-06-03  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello, I hope this email finds you well, and you are doing well.
I'm approaching you out there, in a situation where I'm a student of Cyber
Security and have my final Semester, I have to Install DPDK for Packet
processing and then Deep Packet inspection Can you please help me out
there, I have already Installed DPDK and Configure it a little bit, but I
can use it for DPI
Kindly help me I'm poorly stuck, please.😪🙏

* Re: Intro to DPDK and Installation for DPI
@ 2022-06-05 15:56 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2022-06-05 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Siddique .; +Cc: dev

On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 11:13:27 +0500
"Muhammad Siddique ." <181212@students.au.edu.pk> wrote:

> Hello, I hope this email finds you well, and you are doing well.
> I'm approaching you out there, in a situation where I'm a student of Cyber
> Security and have my final Semester, I have to Install DPDK for Packet
> processing and then Deep Packet inspection Can you please help me out
> there, I have already Installed DPDK and Configure it a little bit, but I
> can use it for DPI
> Kindly help me I'm poorly stuck, please.😪🙏

DPDK is a way to get and process packets.
What is done with those packets is up to the application.
There is a small but limited set of examples that just forward packets.
Doing full DPI requires a whole lot more code which is not in DPDK.

You might find an open source DPI project somewhere else.

* Re: Intro to DPDK and Installation for DPI
@ 2022-06-05 17:47   ` Muhammad Siddique .
From: Muhammad Siddique . @ 2022-06-05 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: dev

Ok, thanks. but I want to integrate the DPDK with any open Source DPI
solution i.e., nDPI
How can I do that kindly help me where I have to specifically Write or
Integrate my DPI code with DPDK.

@ 2022-06-06  2:04     ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2022-06-06  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Siddique .; +Cc: dev