On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 01:26:12PM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote: > Do 1 byte address checks first prior to doing 2 byte address checks. > When performing 2 byte addressing on 1 byte addressing eeprom, the > second byte is taken in as a write operation and ends up erasing the > eeprom region we want to preserve. > > While we could have theoretically handled this by ensuring the write > protect of the eeproms are properly managed, this is not true in case > where board are updated with 1 byte eeproms to handle supply status. > > Flipping the checks by checking for 1 byte addressing prior to 2 byte > addressing check prevents this problem at the minor cost of additional > overhead for boards with 2 byte addressing eeproms. > > Signed-off-by: Nishanth Menon Reviewed-by: Tom Rini -- Tom