On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 04:44:35PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote: > On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 00:51:42 +0200 Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > Quite a few of the functions and other symbols defined in this driver had > > forward declarations. They can all be dropped after reordering them. > > > > This saves a few lines of code and reduces code duplication. > > > > Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König > > Any reason why do this? The motivation was a breakage I introduced in another driver when I changed the prototype of a function and failed to adapt the declaration. (See 2dec3a7a7beb ("macintosh/ams: Adapt declaration of ams_i2c_remove() to earlier change") in today's next for the ugly details.) Currently I work on changing the prototype for the remove callback of platform drivers. So the patch here is prepatory work to make the latter change easier to do and review. > There's a ton of cobwebbed code with pointless forward declarations. For sure I won't address all of them. But if I stumble over one and find a few spare minutes I fix one at a time. > Do you have the HW and plan to work on the driver? I neither have the hardware nor do I plan to work on the driver. It's just a platform driver I might touch at some point in the future to adapt for a core driver change. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |