* ConnMan SplitRouting
@ 2022-09-21 21:39 Pawel Bogucki
From: Pawel Bogucki @ 2022-09-21 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how ConnMan does Split Routing on VPN.
When checking VPN provider status via:

connmanctl services --properties vpn_XXX

I can see a provider property "SplitRouting":
Provider = [ Host=XXX, Type=wireguard, SplitRouting=False ]

The problem I have is that I can't figure out how it works and switch
it to "True" (defaults to "False").
It looks like support for it has been added in following commits:

vpn-provider: Support SplitRouting option from connmand
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/connman/connman.git/commit/?id=bdaa76471c7381385e169f47bbff65fe5f4080bd
vpn: Support SplitRouting in D-Bus variables, improve route code
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/connman/connman.git/commit/?id=36b1bb63318c72e0e0018f0281103beb1d8fba24

However when I just add SplitRouting to the config file it doesn't
seem to be doing anything.
I'm guessing it's because I didn't define any routes (based on the
commits description) however I don't see how to do it.
There is also no mention about SplitRouting option in current docs:

vpn-config-format.txt
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/connman/connman.git/tree/doc/vpn-config-format.txt

It mentions the "Networks" parameter however in my testing I didn't
see any difference with it being present or not.
I have also found the "UserRoutes" parameter mentioned in:

vpn-connection-api.txt
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/connman/connman.git/tree/doc/vpn-connection-api.txt

but details and/or examples are missing.

Can someone explain how it should be done so SplitRouting works? Or
update the docs (I know no one likes that part)?
My Internet search brought me pretty much here as I was unable to find
any further answers.

Regards,
Pawel

* Re: ConnMan SplitRouting
@ 2022-09-26  6:15 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2022-09-26  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pawel Bogucki; +Cc: connman

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:39:37PM +0100, Pawel Bogucki wrote:
> Can someone explain how it should be done so SplitRouting works? Or
> update the docs (I know no one likes that part)?

The splitting is enabled by reordering the services. The ordering can be
changed with the move-after/move-before D-Bus API. E.g

1. VPN Service
2. Ethernet Service

move-after VPN Service after Ethernet Service

1. Ethernet Service
2. VPN Service

will result in a split routing.

HTH,