On Mon 24-10-22 18:32:51, Thilo Fromm wrote: > Hello Honza, > > > Yeah, I was pondering about this for some time but still I have no clue who > > could be holding the buffer lock (which blocks the task holding the > > transaction open) or how this could related to the commit you have > > identified. I have two things to try: > > > > 1) Can you please check whether the deadlock reproduces also with 6.0 > > kernel? The thing is that xattr handling code in ext4 has there some > > additional changes, commit 307af6c8793 ("mbcache: automatically delete > > entries from cache on freeing") in particular. > > This would be complex; we currently do not integrate 6.0 with Flatcar and > would need to spend quite some effort ingesting it first (mostly, make sure > the new kernel does not break something unrelated). Flatcar is an > image-based distro, so kernel updates imply full distro updates. OK, understood. > > 2) I have created a debug patch (against 5.15.x stable kernel). Can you > > please reproduce the failure with it and post the output of "echo w > > > /proc/sysrq-trigger" and also the output the debug patch will put into the > > kernel log? It will dump the information about buffer lock owner if we > cannot get the lock for more than 32 seconds. > > This would be more straightforward - I can reach out to one of our users > suffering from the issue; they can reliably reproduce it and don't shy away > from patching their kernel. Where can I find the patch? Ha, my bad. I forgot to attach it. Here it is. Honza -- Jan Kara SUSE Labs, CR