From: Martin Husemann <martin@NetBSD.org>
To: Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu>
Cc: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: Re: Adapteva Parallella board
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 19:20:36 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 11:14:01AM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> add DT to tree. If you have ps7_init create folder in board/xilinx/zynq/ folder

I didn't find a ps7_init in the parallela u-boot fork, so skipped that
part...

> export DEVICE_TREE=...

I put the zynq-parallella.dtb that I had in my tftp dir (and use for
regular booting) into arch/arm/dts and set DEVICE_TREE=zynq-parallella

> xilinx_zynq_virt_defconfig

and that gets me to:

[..]
  AR      spl/drivers/built-in.o
  LD      spl/u-boot-spl
  OBJCOPY spl/u-boot-spl-nodtb.bin
  SYM     spl/u-boot-spl.sym
  CAT     spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin
  COPY    spl/u-boot-spl.bin
gmake[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.spl:248: spl/u-boot-spl-align.bin] Error 1
gmake: *** [Makefile:2106: spl/u-boot-spl] Error 2
gmake: *** Deleting file 'spl/u-boot-spl'

Is my dtb not correct for this purpose? How can I easily make the u-boot
build regen it from .dts? I found the slightly hidden dts/.*.cmd files,
do I need to clone one of that and adjust?

Martin