From: Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com>
To: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Cc: Stefan Schmidt <stefan@datenfreihafen.org>,
	davem@davemloft.net, linux-wpan@vger.kernel.org,
	alex.aring@gmail.com, netdev@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: pull-request: ieee802154-next 2023-02-02
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 12:46:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Jakub,

kuba@kernel.org wrote on Fri, 3 Feb 2023 20:21:47 -0800:

> On Thu,  2 Feb 2023 16:37:23 +0100 Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Miquel Raynal build upon his earlier work and introduced two new
> > features into the ieee802154 stack. Beaconing to announce existing
> > PAN's and passive scanning to discover the beacons and associated
> > PAN's. The matching changes to the userspace configuration tool
> > have been posted as well and will be released when 6.3 is ready.
>
> I left some comments on the netlink part, sorry for not looking
> at it earlier.

As I'm not extremely comfortable with all the netlink conventions I
might have squeezed "important" checks, I will try to make the code
more robust as you suggested.

I will do my best to address these, probably next week, do you prefer
to wait for these additional changes to apply on top of wpan-next and
Stefan to rush with another PR before -rc8? Or do you accept to pull the
changes now and to receive a couple of patches in a following fixes
PR? (the latter would be the best IMHO, but it's of course up to you).

Thanks,
Miquèl