From: "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@kernel.org>
To: Dave Chinner <david@fromorbit.com>,
	Chandan Babu R <chandanbabu@kernel.org>
Cc: xfs <linux-xfs@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@redhat.com>,
	Catherine Hoang <catherine.hoang@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: [MEGAPATCHSET v28] xfs: online repair, second part of part 1
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:32:39 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi everyone,

[this time not as a reply to v27]

I've rebased the online fsck development branches atop 6.7, applied the
changes requested during the review of v27, and reworked the automatic
space reaping code to avoid open-coding EFI log item handling, and
cleaned up a few other things.

In other words, I'm formally submitting part 1 for inclusion in 6.8.

Just like the last several submissions, I would like people to focus the
following:

- Are the major subsystems sufficiently documented that you could figure
  out what the code does?

- Do you see any problems that are severe enough to cause long term
  support hassles? (e.g. bad API design, writing weird metadata to disk)

- Can you spot mis-interactions between the subsystems?

- What were my blind spots in devising this feature?

- Are there missing pieces that you'd like to help build?

- Can I just merge all of this?

The one thing that is /not/ in scope for this review are requests for
more refactoring of existing subsystems.  I'm still running QA round the
clock.  To spare vger, I'm only sending a few patchsets this time.  I
will of course stress test the new mailing infrastructure on 31 Dec with
a full posting, like I always do.

--D