On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 10:47:30PM -0400, Greg Malysa wrote: > Hi Tom, > > I wanted to get a little bit of guidance before dumping some patches > on the mailing list. I've been preparing to submit support we've > developed for the Analog Devices SC5xx SoCs including both core SoC > support and specific device trees and defconfigs for the eval kits > available from ADI. I've submitted several small patches to touch > various shared parts of U-Boot that we needed to extend to get this > hardware running and to get some familiarity with using patman to > format and submit things, but now I have a roughly 15k line changeset > consisting of a new mach type and all of the required drivers for the > system. It's broken down into a bunch of commits: one for the mach > type support, one per driver we've added, and one per target board > supported. > > What is the best way to submit this? Ideally I'd love to get feedback > on individual drivers from the respective subsystem maintainers, but > it seems rude to have a 20-element patch series that gets resubmitted > each time feedback comes in for one component. If we break it down > into separate patches for each piece, what would be the best way to > ensure that all of the dependencies are merged in order? Well, I would first make sure that CI passes for your tree. Then, make sure that you're using OF_UPSTREAM to get your device trees as well. Then just submit the SoC core + board (and make sure it's using plain text environment and standard boot and so on), then start with the additional drivers. -- Tom