From: Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin@gmail.com>
To: ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY@adtran.com>,
	"'reiserfs-devel@vger.kernel.org'"
	<reiserfs-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Real status of ReiserFS4?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 13:12:13 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello.

Basically, it is stable (as of the latest stuff release). However,
I would recommend reiser4 only for personal needs, not for production
(corporate use). The latter requires some work to be done in active
collaboration with administrators of production systems. Reiser4 has a
number of open tickets/bugreports, but all of those problems are hard
reproducible. Every sophisticated file system has a list of such
issues, though.

It is really hard to corrupt a reiser4 partition in a way that fsck
will refuse to fix it. Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend to use too
large partitions. The smaller partition, the larger chances, that I'll
take a look at it, if any problems with fsck. Also, keep in mind that
intelligent compression (default mode) is not optimal for large media-
files (see https://reiser4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Reiser4_Howto for
details).

Reiser4 is better in all items (performance, features, implementation,
maintainability, etc) than its predecessor ReiserFS(v3).

Thanks,
Edward.