* Disable bbappend file from another meta layer
@ 2021-09-16 16:45 Mayank Agarwal
From: Mayank Agarwal @ 2021-09-16 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture

Dear Experts,

Is there any way we can disable bbappend file from another meta-layer in
the current
meta-layer or recipe file.It will be of great help.If we can use
PNBLACKLIST or BBMASK
to disable bbappend file.

Regards
Mayank

* Re: [Openembedded-architecture] Disable bbappend file from another meta layer
@ 2021-09-16 17:27 ` Khem Raj
       [not found]   ` <16A56782DEC68495.13685@lists.openembedded.org>
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-16 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mayank Agarwal; +Cc: bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 9:45 AM Mayank Agarwal
<mayank77fromindia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> Is there any way we can disable bbappend file from another meta-layer in the current
> meta-layer or recipe file.It will be of great help.If we can use PNBLACKLIST or BBMASK
> to disable bbappend file.

bbappends can not be undone sadly, maybe you can try some BBMASKing it
if its in unique location perhaps.

@ 2021-09-16 20:30   ` Andrea Adami
       [not found]   ` <16A56782DEC68495.13685@lists.openembedded.org>
From: Andrea Adami @ 2021-09-16 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Mayank Agarwal, bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 7:28 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 9:45 AM Mayank Agarwal
> <mayank77fromindia@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Experts,
> >
> > Is there any way we can disable bbappend file from another meta-layer in the current
> > meta-layer or recipe file.It will be of great help.If we can use PNBLACKLIST or BBMASK
> > to disable bbappend file.
> >

> bbappends can not be undone sadly, maybe you can try some BBMASKing it
> if its in unique location perhaps.

See here one example:
https://github.com/vu-plus/meta-vuplus/blob/master/conf/layer.conf#L4
vs one allowing them
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-handheld/tree/conf/layer.conf#n8
cheers
A.A.

@ 2021-09-16 20:34     ` Andrea Adami
From: Andrea Adami @ 2021-09-16 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Adami
  Cc: Khem Raj, Mayank Agarwal, bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 10:30 PM Andrea Adami via
lists.openembedded.org <andrea.adami=gmail.com@lists.openembedded.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 7:28 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 9:45 AM Mayank Agarwal
> > <mayank77fromindia@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Experts,
> > >
> > > Is there any way we can disable bbappend file from another meta-layer in the current
> > > meta-layer or recipe file.It will be of great help.If we can use PNBLACKLIST or BBMASK
> > > to disable bbappend file.
> > >

> > bbappends can not be undone sadly, maybe you can try some BBMASKing it
> > if its in unique location perhaps.
> >

> See here one example:
> https://github.com/vu-plus/meta-vuplus/blob/master/conf/layer.conf#L4
> vs one allowing them
> https://git.openembedded.org/meta-handheld/tree/conf/layer.conf#n8
> cheers
> A.A.

but maybe I misread 'in another meta-layer' out of your control. sorry...
A.A.

@ 2021-09-17 15:27       ` Peter Kjellerstedt
From: Peter Kjellerstedt @ 2021-09-17 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Adami
  Cc: Khem Raj, Mayank Agarwal, bitbake-devel, openembedded-architecture

It is perfectly fine to add, e.g.:

BBMASK += "/meta-foo/recipes-foo/foo/foo_1.2.3.bbappend"

to, e.g., meta-bar/conf/layer.conf to disable the use of
foo_1.2.3.bbappend from the meta-foo layer when the meta-bar layer is
used.

//Peter