* Help wanted: Adding OpenSSL in FSL HAB
@ 2021-07-19  6:00 Daniel D
From: Daniel D @ 2021-07-19  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I would like to compile U-Boot with OpenSSL library and I'm using OpenSSL functions in Freescale's " hab.c ". I do not know how to add the ssl & crypto libraries to U-Boot's makefile (as there are many). I'm quite new to these kind of work, hence I request someone to provide some detailed explanation.

I've also raised my concern in NXP community and I'm linking that here for your reference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Daniel Selvan D.

Senior Systems Engineer | Jasmin Infotech

* Re: Help wanted: Adding OpenSSL in FSL HAB
@ 2021-07-19 18:10 ` Jojan
From: Jojan @ 2021-07-19 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot, Daniel D

 Which architecture ?There is a hab.c in ./arch/arm/mach-imx/hab.c
It is added based on the CONFIG_IMX_HAB.

You cab add your configs ( arch/configs) and port it to your custom configuration.

@ 2021-07-20  5:10   ` Daniel D
From: Daniel D @ 2021-07-20  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jojan; +Cc: u-boot

The architecture is arm (i.MX 6UL board) and I've successfully added HAB.

I want to include OpenSSL library into the U-Boot now. Can you comment on this?

Kind regards,

Daniel Selvan D.

@ 2021-07-20 16:35     ` Jojan
From: Jojan @ 2021-07-20 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel D; +Cc: u-boot

 You need to enable configs , by running
make menuconfig     Library routines > Security support
and enable the configs needed for the library.

    On Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:11:05 PM PDT, Daniel D <daniel.selvan@jasmin-infotech.com> wrote:

[...]

Information in this email is proprietary and Confidential to Jasmin Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Any use, copying or dissemination of the information in any manner without prior approval, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy the message and please inform to us..

* Re: Help wanted: Adding OpenSSL in FSL HAB
@ 2021-07-21 11:45       ` Daniel D
From: Daniel D @ 2021-07-21 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jojan; +Cc: u-boot

Thanks for the update!

I've tried the options as mentioned and cannot find the OpenSSL library in there!

Do you know how to integrate an external library (any) in U-Boot?? Are there any documentation out there?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel Selvan D.