On Samstag, 4. August 2018 10:41:09 CEST Antonio Quartulli wrote: [...] > >> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-net-batman-adv | 7 +++++++ > > > > Please discuss this with Jiri [1]. > > > > After re-reading Jiri's points I can't really understand why we should > now switch to netlink. I think all our sysfs knobs are used to inject > settings *to* userspace, therefore his point 1) does not really apply to > us. Point 2) is a bit generic and does not really explain why we should > *switch*. Wouldn't it have been better when Jiri would also see your reply? Now he isn't even aware of your criticism. > This said, I'd rather keep this patch as it is and possibly discuss the > matter when sending this code to netdev for merging. > > I've discussed this with Marek too and he is fine with this approach. Interesting, I don't see it this way. This patch [0] is for netdev and we have the statement that "usage of sysfs in netdev subsystem is frowned upon". Now you want that we ignore that and than maybe Simon have to deal with the fallout when he forwards it to David? Kind regards, Sven [0] https://patchwork.open-mesh.org/patch/17372/ > > [1] https://lists.open-mesh.org/pipermail/b.a.t.m.a.n/2018-May/017814.html