On Dienstag, 27. März 2018 17:43:08 CEST Linus Lüssing wrote: > On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 12:56:28PM +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote: > > >> I strongly believe it is a huge mistake to use sysfs for things like > > >> this. This should be done via generic netlink api. > > > > > >This doesn't change the problem that it is already that way. This patch > > >only adds the list of available files to the README. > > > > Sure. Just found out you did it like that. Therefore I commented. I > > suggest to rework the api to use genl entirely. > > Hi Jiri, > > Thanks for sharing your thoughts! > > Could you explain a bit more on which disadvantages you see in > the usage of sysfs here? Linus is asking because of following patch: https://patchwork.open-mesh.org/patch/17340/ Kind regards, Sven