On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 03:15:58 PM Mark Brown wrote: > On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 01:59:14PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote: > > > expect the mainline to accept this. When in doubt about which way to > > go, they should talk to the mainline in the first place or the > > solution they choose may stay out of the tree forever (and become a > > major pain to maintain going forward). > > Realistically if people ship something in sufficient volume for people > to care we're going to end up supporting them. I wonder why the mainline doesn't boot on any flagship Android phones I'm aware of, then. :-) Thanks, Rafael