On Sat, 13 Nov 2021, Andreas Dilger wrote: > >>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 11:37, Mark Hills wrote: > >>> > >>> Surprised to hit a limit when handling a modest Maildir case; does > >>> this reflect a bug? > >>> > >>> rsync'ing to a new mail server, after fewer than 100,000 files there > >>> are intermittent failures: > >> > >> This is probably because you are using 1KB blocksize instead of 4KB, [...] > > Is block size the only factor? If so, a patch like below (untested) could > > make it clear it's relevant, and saved the question in this case. > > The patch looks reasonable, but should be submitted separately with > [patch] in the subject so that it will not be lost. > > You can also add on your patch: > > Reviewed-by: Andreas Dilger Thanks. When I get a moment I'll aim to test the patch and submit properly. -- Mark